Your new company
This company was founded in 2018, headquartered in New York and present globally in 19 countries, including Hungary, based in Budapest. Here, a team of roughly 10 people is currently working together to jointly create analyzes and forecasts through a combination of programming, machine learning and artificial intelligence. Their main areas include trade, health and, last but not least, finance. In practice, this means, for example, forecasting drug demand or even analyzing the impact of a pandemic on market demand.
About the job Your role will include the following responsibilities:
- Collaborating with use case owners to take business requirements and translate them into research problems.
- Creating formal problem specifications (including how models are tested and evaluated) for those research problems for use with our model development and deployment platform.
- Creating benchmark models for the research problems.
- Engaging with research consultants, providing problem support and direction as needed.
- With senior stakeholders and feedback from research consultants, refining the Global Research Network workstream to optimize engagement and quality of work produced.
- Helping with technical requirements planning for new features and improvements to our internal platform as part of workstream development.
- Managing the evaluation process for Global Research Network candidates.
What you need to do now
- 2+ years of experience in data science.
- Knowledge of intermediate concepts and approaches in Machine Learning.
- Experience in building models using Python/R. Python is our shared language, so experience with Python is a big plus.
- Experience working with Data Scientists and Data Analysts.
- Confident communicator who is comfortable with technical discussions.
- Would enjoy interacting with and fostering development of our online community of research consultants.
- Intellectually curious.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible, non-hierarchical and collaborative environment.
- Excellent problem solver.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.