- Conduct application security code reviews of applications, identify design flaws and vulnerabilities, help Engineering team to address the findings
- Lead security reviews and threat modelling of new features, architecture changes and security tests
- Identify security gaps in the software development lifecycle and enforce use of security practices through automation
- Perform security assessments of the application
- Organize and manage security vulnerabilities from identification to resolution (security vulnerability management)
- Cooperate with various product teams to secure the build and release pipeline
- Work with Information Security team on improving Application Security program through policies and procedures
- Improve product protections based on new threats and vulnerabilities
- Support team members with the best security practices, tools and procedures, documentation, raise security awareness and help with security trainings
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- 2+ years security experience
- Strong understanding and experience with security libraries, security controls implementation and security vulnerabilities
- General security experience and knowledge of internet protocols, networking and application level attacks
- 5+ years software development experience
- Experience with REST APIs, GraphQL or both
- Experience in Agile software development
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify repeatable processes and automate them quickly
- Professional experience with NodeJS
- Professional experience with React
- Professional experience with Java
- Professional experience with Kubernetes
- Professional experience with cloud environment like GCP, Azure or AWS
- Experience leading small teams (2 to 4 devs)
- Knowledge of OWASP Application Security Verification Standard and OWASP SAMM
- Experience with bug hunting or penetration testing
WHAT WE OFFER
What you need to do now
- We provide a Premium Generali Company Health Care package to all of our employees.
- Our colleagues enjoy a broad range of post work social activities.
- We ensure to mark all events and enjoy office party celebrations.
- Our working environment is very enjoyable, spacious and bright with excellent faculties.
- We have large cooking and entertaining areas, gaming rooms, team building environments and a healthy balance of competition/social networking.
- We are known for our fabulous team cultural meals on-site. Why not bring your culinary skills to the office.
- Our workplace supports a hybrid system that enables Remote Work and Office Work at the same time.
- Our office is 10 minutes walk from the Gyöngyösi utca Metro Station. We also have extensive Bicycle parking and Car Parking availability.
- We support and contribute to our communities through our Employee Volunteering Programme.
- You are at the right place - Liferay Hungary has won the "Best Employer" prize in 2020 by Kincentric! Check it out here .
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.